Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Nuisance Abatement 1628 Sycamore topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Council continues nuisance‑abatement appeal for 1628 South Sycamore and refers matter to district office
Summary
An owner's representative objected to city assessments for an allegedly misperformed abatement at 1628 South Sycamore; the council continued the item for two weeks and referred the complaint to Councilmember Holden's office for investigation.
Get email alerts on the Nuisance Abatement 1628 Sycamore topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Los Angeles City Council continued a nuisance‑abatement hearing for a property at 1628 South Sycamore after the owner's representative argued the city had not performed the work it assessed.
Kenneth Walker, representing the property owner, said the city had not completed promised work and in some cases had caused additional damage. Walker said the property had been boarded and that in the city's boarding process "they destroyed the French windows, broke the glass, destroyed the bedroom windows." He said he had obtained a building permit on May 16, entered with building inspectors and then performed cleanup and repairs himself after the city ordered compliance.
Councilmember Holden asked whether the matter should be held to allow his staff to investigate. Holden said he wanted his staff to follow up with the department and explore the complaint. The council took no action and continued the item for two weeks to the October 4 meeting, and directed the matter to Councilmember Holden's office for resolution in the interim.
No formal vote on abatement was taken at the meeting; the council recorded that "the council will take no action today" and scheduled follow up.

