Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Public Works topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Council awards $78,741 contract for concrete access driveways at Well 7 and Active Adult Center generator

5776241 · August 27, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The council awarded a contract to Serco Engineering Inc. to construct concrete access driveways at Well 7 and the Active Adult Center generator, a project staff said is needed to protect turf from heavy equipment and provide safe service access.

The Fillmore City Council on Aug. 26, 2025, awarded a contract to Serco Engineering Inc. for the concrete access driveways project in an amount not to exceed $78,740.64. The work will construct hardened access routes to the generator at the Active Adult Center and to Well 7.

Why this matters Staff said the projects are service and safety improvements. Heavy equipment and well rigs have previously driven across turf at Well 7 and caused damage during rehabilitation work; a hardened concrete pad will protect the grounds and give contractors safe access for routine and emergency work. The Active Adult Center’s generator area will also be replaced to remove deteriorated concrete and provide a safer service area for propane deliveries and generator maintenance.

Key details - Low bidder: Serco Engineering Inc.; the combined bid for the two driveways was the lowest of the bids solicited. - Contract amount approved: not to exceed $78,740.64; the staff report included a recommended contingency but the council awarded the base contract. - Staff will place removable bollards at each access so the areas are not used for regular parking and will add narrow planting strips to soften the appearance.

Action and outcome Council awarded the contract to Serco Engineering Inc.; the motion carried.

Ending note Staff said the work is budgeted and is intended to reduce damage during future heavy-equipment access and to improve site aesthetics and maintenance access.