Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Planning Procedure topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Council confirms DelDOT response will be uploaded; record for Northstar matter to close after two‑week reply period

5076638 · April 8, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Sussex County staff confirmed DelDOT's responses to council questions are due by 4:30 p.m. today and will be uploaded to the paperless packet; the record for the Northstar matter will close automatically two weeks later unless council extends the record through formal process.

County staff told Sussex County Council that responses to council questions submitted to the Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT) are due by 4:30 p.m. today and will be uploaded to the county’s paperless packet. The council had previously left the record open for two weeks to permit DelDOT to respond to specific questions submitted after a March 11 hearing on the Northstar matter.

Staff said DelDOT’s responses, once uploaded, will be part of the public record and that two weeks from today at 4:30 p.m. the record will automatically close for the matter. Council members were advised that if DelDOT misses that deadline, late responses would not be included in the record unless the council initiates a process—likely re-advertising the matter—to accept additional material.

Council directed staff to reach out to DelDOT to confirm whether the agency will meet the deadline; staff committed to updating council in real time. Council members emphasized the importance of timely responses from state agencies because those documents are considered part of the record for forthcoming decisions and public review.