Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Zoning topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Council takes no action on 425 Ford Street zoning application; staff to contact applicant
Summary
Bridgeport Borough Council on May 13 declined to take action on a zoning application for 425 Ford Street—proposed sleep center, restaurant and apartments—because the applicant was not present and council had outstanding parking and use questions.
Get email alerts on the Zoning topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Bridgeport Borough Council on May 13 agreed to take no action on a zoning hearing notice for 425 Ford Street after staff and council said outstanding questions about parking and unit sizes could not be answered because the applicant was not present.
Borough staff said the vacant property — previously an upholstery business — was proposed for a combination of uses including a sleep center, a restaurant and two apartments. Staff told council the application would require 21 parking spaces under the proposed configuration but the site has no room to add the required parking on site.
Council members said they welcomed new businesses but did not feel comfortable providing a recommendation without the applicant available to explain how parking and other code issues would be handled. Councilman Tony Heil moved to take no action and Councilwoman Megan Nolan seconded; the motion carried.
Staff said they will contact the applicant about the option to request a continuance at the Zoning Hearing Board so the borough can provide input in advance of the hearing. If the applicant does not seek a continuance, staff said the ZHB hearing will proceed as scheduled and borough staff will attend to present questions and concerns.
The council emphasized its interest in supporting new businesses while also ensuring compliance with parking and zoning requirements before offering a position to the ZHB.

