Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Transportation Roads topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Board approves DOT petition to abandon 0.03 miles of Allen Road

AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

After a staff presentation and a public hearing with no speakers, the board approved the North Carolina Department of Transportation petition to abandon 0.03 miles of unpaved Allen Road.

The Rockingham County Board of Commissioners on April 7 approved an order to concur with the N.C. Department of Transportation’s petition to abandon 0.03 miles of Allen Road.

County Manager Lance Metzler presented slides showing the section proposed for abandonment, noted the petition was filed with DOT on Nov. 21, and said the board had previously approved a resolution to concur with the abandonment on March 17. Metzler told the board the parcel is unpaved, has no dedicated right-of-way and lacks a turnaround; DOT had no issues with the petition. Metzler also read a list of property owners who supported the petition: Randy Hankins, Sarah Hankins, Craig Howard and Yoko Howard.

The board opened the public hearing; no one signed up to speak, and the public hearing was closed. Commissioner Barrow moved to approve the abandonment; Commissioner Richardson seconded, and the board approved the order by voice vote.

Metzler said the county met all requirements for this portion of road to be abandoned under the state petition and staff recommendation.