Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Human Services Food Access topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Resident urges Gwinnett County to reinstate senior produce deliveries

2958837 · April 1, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

A resident asked commissioners to reconsider a reported cancellation of a county produce program and urged reopening it for seniors and medically at-risk residents, saying their organization delivered hundreds of boxes.

During the public-comment portion of the March 25 meeting, a resident asked the board to reconsider what she understands to be a cancellation of a produce distribution program that served seniors and medically at‑risk residents.

The speaker said her organization previously provided more than 50 food boxes to medically at‑risk residents and that at one point the organization was delivering over 200 boxes to seniors. She said clients relied on the deliveries and asked the board to reopen the program for at least one year to continue serving seniors and medically at‑risk residents.

Ending: The comment was received during public comment; no formal board response, action or commitment to reopen the program was recorded in the meeting minutes.