Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Community Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Residents tell board of parking, harassment and safety problems at South County mobile home park
Summary
Multiple residents of the Il Rio mobile home park addressed the board about unauthorized visitors, blocked parking, harassment and safety concerns; supervisors said they have met with residents and offered resources.
Get email alerts on the Community Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Several residents of a South County mobile home park addressed the Board of Supervisors during public comment on April 8, describing security and neighborhood-safety problems and asking for more frequent law enforcement patrols and landlord action.
Humberto Guzman described vehicles that park in the community without proper visitor parking and said people who park behind cars create blockages and confront residents. Another resident, identified as Susman, said harassment by neighbors had resumed and that a restraining order had been denied because the speaker lacked legal representation.
Oscar Serrano Martinez said suspicious vehicles with dark windows linger in the park and sometimes block driveways; he said residents have invested in private cameras and lighting to increase security. Other speakers asked the board to coordinate enforcement and landlord accountability.
Supervisor Ricardo Guardia acknowledged the ongoing issue said his office had met with families and offered resources and that staff had worked with the property manager and residents. The board did not take immediate enforcement action at the meeting but supervisors noted continued outreach and follow-up.

