Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Public Safety Infrastructure topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Resident urges council to examine single-access streets after truck blocked Stone Road

2902893 · April 9, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

A resident told council that a semi-truck blocked the intersection of Stone Road and Brecksville Road and urged officials to study single-access streets and consider emergency measures to improve safety.

During the public comment portion of the April 8 meeting, resident Jeff Blumenthal described being prevented from reaching his home when a semi-truck became stuck at the intersection of Stone Road and Brecksville Road earlier that day. Blumenthal said the obstruction forced people to park and walk home and raised concerns about emergency access for fire and ambulance services.

"There is no secondary access if there's an emergency on Stone Road. A fire, ambulance, downed wire, seems like a safety issue that council would be wise to address," Blumenthal said.

Nut Graf: Blumenthal urged the council to consider an emergency ordinance to address single-access streets he identified as a safety risk. He contrasted the kind of emergency ordinance he sought with what he called the administration’s prior politically motivated uses of emergency measures.

Ending: Council did not take immediate action on the comment during the meeting; council members acknowledged the concern and the issue may be suitable for further study by staff or a future committee.