Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Right Of Way Vacation topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Council approves vacation of Campus Drive right-of-way on east side of former UW Fond du Lac campus

AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The Fond du Lac City Council on Jan. 8 approved Resolution 9160 to vacate a portion of Campus Drive right-of-way east of the former UW Fond du Lac campus. City staff said the road was removed around February 2002, no utilities remain in the corridor, and the county requested formal abandonment.

The Fond du Lac City Council on Jan. 8 approved Resolution 9160, a final resolution vacating a portion of Campus Drive on the east side of the former UW Fond du Lac campus. City Engineer Johnson told the council the segment in question is a former roadway removed around February 2002 and has been used as a trail through the Godfrey Prairie; the county asked the city to formally abandon the right-of-way because the roadway no longer exists and no city utilities are located there.

Why it matters: The formal vacation clears the municipal record and completes a right-of-way abandonment the county requested; city staff said the change will not remove existing access around the rest of Campus Drive and that no utility relocations are needed.

During audience comments, several nearby residents — Jane Wendt and Dean Wendt — asked whether there had been adequate public notice and why the section was being closed. Johnson and President Bridal explained the exhibit and map on screen and said the segment being vacated is not the newly constructed cut-through behind CD Smith and does not affect parking lots or the primary access routes. Johnson said the roadway was removed about “02/2002” and that a trail now runs through the area.

Council member Mullen clarified that the underlying property is county-owned and that the county controls use of the land; city officials said any future county decisions about access would be the county’s prerogative. The council voted to approve the resolution; the motion was made by Council member Heisler and seconded by Council member Leering, and the motion passed unanimously.

No further changes to access, utilities, or city services in the area were specified at the meeting.