Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Pretrial Detention topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Court denies bond reduction for Jordan Thomas, cites missed court date and new aggravated-assault allegation
Summary
A judge denied Jordan Thomas's motion to reduce a $100,000 bond after hearing that he missed a prior court date, later turned himself in and faces an aggravated-assault-with-a-deadly-weapon allegation that the court said raised safety concerns while he was previously on bond.
Get email alerts on the Pretrial Detention topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
A Jefferson County judge on Thursday denied Jordan Thomas's request to reduce a $100,000 bond, citing Thomas's prior failure to appear in June 2024 and a subsequent aggravated-assault-with-a-deadly-weapon allegation that occurred while Thomas was out on bond. Thomas had asked the court to lower his bond, saying his family had been unable to raise the amount and that he subsequently turned himself in in December. The court reviewed a history that included a bond forfeiture for nonappearance and the filing of a new aggravated-assault charge dated Aug. 18, 2024. Prosecutors opposed the reduction, noting the severity of the new allegation and the timing of the incident while Thomas was on bond for the prior case. The judge said the combination of failing to appear and the subsequent serious allegation weighed against reducing bond, denied the motion and left the $100,000 bond in place. The judge ordered an announcement at the next court date and instructed the clerk to keep the matter on the docket for further scheduling. Thomas will remain in custody pending further proceedings. The court record shows the state may pursue the aggravated-assault case in addition to the earlier charges; Thomas previously had a trial-set case and other pending matters referenced during the hearing.

