Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Property Condemnation Demolition topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Council orders demolition of two condemned properties at 2208 Third Street East and 2512 Paul W. Bryant Drive
Summary
The Tuscaloosa City Council ordered demolition of two houses — 2208 Third Street East and 2512 Paul W. Bryant Drive — after staff reported dozens of housing-code violations and said owners were notified; costs will be charged back to owners.
Get email alerts on the Property Condemnation Demolition topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Tuscaloosa City Council voted to order demolition of the structures at 2208 Third Street East and 2512 Paul W. Bryant Drive after staff reported the properties had been condemned and cited numerous housing-code violations.
City staff told the council that 2208 Third Street East was condemned on May 19, 2025, and that the property had 49 housing-code violations. Staff said the owner had been contacted and was aware that, if condemned and demolished, the cost of demolition would be charged back to the owner; the order covers the main house and any accessory structures.
The council also ordered the demolition of the property at 2512 Paul W. Bryant Drive, which staff reported was condemned on April 23, 2025, and had 47 housing-code violations. Staff said the owner was aware of the hearing and that demolition costs would be charged back to the owner; staff also indicated the owner was not present at the meeting.
Both demolition orders were moved and seconded on the record and the council voted to approve them. The transcript shows the mayor called votes (voting by roll was recorded on the dais); the record does not show an owner appearing in opposition or presenting a remediation plan during the hearing.
Staff described the orders as applying to the primary structures and any accessory buildings. The meeting record did not state a demolition date or provide a cost estimate; it did not record any appeals filed at the meeting.
Because the items were considered in a public hearing format, the council asked whether anyone was present to speak for or against each demolition; no one came forward at either hearing.

