Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Housing Development topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Planning Board continues review of proposed 38‑site manufactured home park to Aug. 19; soils and engineering remain outstanding
Summary
The board accepted the application for completeness but did not grant a procedural waiver for soils testing. The applicant agreed to provide full soils and utility reports; the board continued the application to Aug. 19 with an information deadline of Aug. 5.
Get email alerts on the Housing Development topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Planning Board on July 15 accepted the application for case P25-21, a proposal by TF Moran for a 38‑unit manufactured home park that would also include one site area for a single-family dwelling, and then continued the application to the board's August 19 meeting.
Board members said they would not treat a requested checklist waiver for soils testing as a permanent waiver. The applicant's representative told the board the full soils report would be provided before the project returns for final action: "And we will provide the full report before we come back," the applicant representative said. The board recorded that the applicant should either withdraw the procedural waiver request or be prepared to supply the missing materials before approval.
Members flagged several outstanding technical reviews the board was still awaiting, including the town engineer's second review, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services permit requirements and a fire-department comment asking for a water cistern. The transcript records that the fire department requested a 10,000‑gallon cistern; the applicant noted a prior conversation with the fire chief and said they had shown a 30,000‑gallon option in response.
Public commenters raised concerns about water availability, wells and traffic on the project road. Diana Kucha of 500 Dudley Road said she and other abutters had not seen state filings yet; a resident, Steve Warren of 469 Dudley, asked whether the previously promised restriction on access to Dudley Road and Tibbetts Road remained in place; the board confirmed earlier access restrictions would stay in place.
Key technical questions raised at the meeting included whether local soils can support onsite septic for 38 sites, the status of well testing, stormwater/drainage design, and whether utilities (electric, telecom) would be placed overhead or underground. The applicant said on-site electric would be underground and that the utility company was discussing options; propane tanks were shown above ground on the plan and the applicant said each unit would have its own tank.
After discussion the board voted to continue the application to the August 19 meeting and set an application materials deadline of August 5. The continuation gives the town engineer, fire chief and other reviewers time to complete second reviews and lets the applicant supply soils and well test results prior to final action.

