Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Public Works topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Council authorizes construction agreement and emergency clause for water tower driveway relocation

5384082 · July 14, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Council approved a construction agreement with Albrecht Inc. to reconstruct the driveway at the South Court Street water tower property and approved the emergency clause so work can begin promptly; ordinance passed 7-0.

Medina City Council on July 14 authorized a construction agreement with Albrecht Inc. to reconstruct and relocate the driveway serving the South Court Street water tower property. The council also approved the requested emergency clause so the work can begin without delay, voting 7-0 to adopt the ordinance and emergency measure.

City Engineer Patton explained the company had previously been granted an easement to locate a driveway on city property, and the agreement covers reconstruction of the entrance and relocating access from South Court Street toward the future shopping-center driveway on Route 3. Patton said the relocation will improve safety for city employees accessing the site.

Council approved adoption of Ordinance 01/23/25, including an emergency clause requested by the developer to begin work as soon as possible. The meeting record shows the emergency clause passed on roll call 7-0 and the ordinance later passed 7-0. No construction cost or detailed schedule was provided during the meeting; Patton said Albrecht had requested expedited authorization to begin work.