Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Sizzle Festival Planning topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Organizers outline expanded Sizzle festival: more shuttles, kid zones and private security for beer garden

3863150 · June 18, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Sizzle organizers presented an August 16 plan that increases shuttle service to four vehicles, expands the kid zone with additional toddler attractions and adds a privately contracted security team to manage a larger beer garden.

Organizers of Sunbury’s Sizzle festival outlined plans for an expanded August 16 event at the June 17 Events and Commemoration Committee meeting, describing shuttle schedule changes, a rebuilt kid zone, food-truck coordination and new private security inside the beer garden. The committee reviewed venue layout, volunteer roles and a timeline for park and council approvals.

Julian Doucette Ganson, the Sizzle planning lead, said shuttle service will be increased from two to four vehicles to avoid service gaps caused by driver break requirements; he described routing and added pickup/drop-off points and said vendors were instructed that drivers should not make unscheduled stops. Ganson told the committee the kid area will be amplified over last year — removing a craft market to add more toddler bounce houses and supervised activities run by local groups such as Girl Scouts and high-school volunteers. "We're really actively trying to get sponsorships for this area because it's about $20,000 and we are looking to still keep the wristbands at $5 for all families," Ganson said.

On alcohol management, organizers proposed expanding the beer garden footprint along the grass and sidewalk and hiring a private event security team to check IDs and manage access. Staff and public-safety participants said privately contracted security would relieve awkward enforcement duties placed on volunteers and provide a consistent professional presence; organizers said they had solicited proposals from vendors on Ohio’s authorized provider list. Organizers also described plans to cordon off electrical boxes, replicate last year’s approved fencing and provide additional lighting and restrooms inside and adjacent to the beer garden.

Organizers said final maps and the security contract will be presented to Parks and then to City Council, with staff aiming to include the material for council review at the July 2 meeting. Police and fire reviewed the plan during committee discussion and reported no unresolved safety objections so far.