Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Transportation Infrastructure topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Greenwood approves extended road closure for Grand Vista bridge replacement; $8,000 daily fine after Nov. 28
Summary
The board approved a full closure of Griffith Road for Grand Vista Section 3 to replace a bridge, setting the closure from July 7 to Nov. 28, 2025, with emergency access maintained from the north and an $8,000-per-day penalty for failure to reopen after Nov. 28.
Get email alerts on the Transportation Infrastructure topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Greenwood Board of Public Safety approved a road-closure request on June 16 to replace a bridge in Grand Vista Section 3, authorizing closure from July 7 through Nov. 28, 2025, and establishing an $8,000-per-day fine for any days the road remains closed past Nov. 28.
The extension covers a full bridge replacement on Griffith Road. Marcus Robertson, identified as the bridge trade partner, told the board a project of this size typically requires a full 120-day closure to remove and rebuild the structure. Developer representatives said emergency vehicle access would be maintained from the north while the south-side bridge work is underway.
Deputy Mayor and other board members debated penalty levels for delays. A board member first suggested a higher daily penalty than the previously discussed $500; the final motion — which a board member read into the record — stipulated an $8,000-per-day fine for each day the road remained closed after Nov. 28. The board approved the motion by voice vote.
Board members and the contractor said notices and detour plans will be issued to inform the public and public-safety agencies. Contractors and the developer said there are currently no homes directly on the closed stretch and that the closure is driven by the need to remove and replace the entire existing structure.
Why it matters: The full closure and extended timeline will affect traffic patterns and require public-safety coordination for more than four months. The board set a high financial penalty to press the contractor to meet the Nov. 28 reopen date.
The board did not specify the exact schedule of daily work or the dates on which detours will be posted; officials said they will work with contractors to notify emergency responders and the public.

