Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Public Safety Funding topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Fire chief says Woodstock will apply for federal SAFER staffing grant to staff new station
Summary
Woodstock Fire Chief informed council the department intends to submit an application for a SAFER grant to staff the city’s new fire station once the application period opens, expected mid‑February; no council objections were recorded.
Get email alerts on the Public Safety Funding topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Woodstock Fire Chief informed the mayor and council on Feb. 10 that the fire department intends to apply for a Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grant to help staff the city’s new fire station.
Chief Dobson said the department will move forward with the application process “unless there are any objections,” and that the application period is expected to open in mid‑February. He offered to take questions but no council member raised objections during the meeting.
The chief noted he had previously briefed the council on the SAFER grant at the department’s retreat and framed the application as a funding step toward staffing a new facility. Council members wished the chief success with the grant application.
The transcript records no formal council action on the item beyond the chief’s announcement; staff and the department will proceed with the application and return with any outcomes and follow‑up required by the grant process.
