Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Right Of Way Closure topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Commission recommends closure of 300 block South Pine Street alley; utilities to retain easements

2112205 · January 10, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Planning staff recommended and the commission unanimously approved a request to close an undeveloped alley in the 300 block of South Pine Street; vacation will proceed through the district court process and utilities will retain easements.

The Planning Commission unanimously recommended closing a portion of alley right-of-way in the 300 block of South Pine Street, between East Vilas and East Springer. Staff said the alley is undeveloped and full of trees and that even if physically improved it would not connect across a previously vacated segment further west.

Staff reported no objections from utilities or public-works review; Cox initially raised a concern but staff said the underlying utility easement will remain and that only the public right-of-way will be closed. If the council and district court proceed with a vacation, 10 feet of the former right-of-way would attach to the northern properties and 10 feet to the southern properties, with an easement retained for utilities.

The commission voted 5-0 to forward the closure request. Staff noted the alley's vacation still requires the District Court vacation process to complete the legal transfer of the right-of-way to adjacent properties.