Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Property topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Resident seeks alley vacation to allow duplex for family; council reopens public hearing
Summary
A Papillion property owner asked the council to vacate an alley so he can demolish an aging house and build a duplex to house himself and his adult special needs son; the council reopened the public hearing and will take a vote at a future meeting.
Get email alerts on the Property topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
During the public-comment portion of the Oct. 21 Papillion City Council meeting, Michael Fried of 807 Donegal Drive asked the council to reopen and consider the previously noticed public hearing on vacating an alley in Block 43 (agenda item E1).
Fried said he had requested the alley vacation to allow removal of an old house he described as at the end of its life and to build a duplex he plans to occupy with his adult special-needs son. "I'm the one that requested to the city to have the alley vacated. I'm looking to the old house that's there. It's reached its end of life and it needs to come down," Fried said. He told council the change would provide the setbacks he needs and would allow him to clean up damaged asphalt on the site.
Mayor and staff response: The mayor reopened the public hearing to accept Fried's comments and told him the council would discuss and vote on the alley vacation at the next council meeting. Fried said the property address involved is 321 (number stated during his comment). No public opponents spoke at the reopened hearing.
Next steps: The council will consider formal action on the alley-vacation ordinance at a subsequent meeting; the transcript indicates the item will return on the next council agenda for final action.

