Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Sudan Humanitarian Funding topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

UN warns funding shortfalls forced UNFPA to withdraw from over half of supported health facilities in Sudan

5049947 · June 23, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

UN Population Fund told the UN that major funding shortfalls forced it to withdraw from more than half of 93 supported health facilities in Sudan, leaving reproductive health and protection services at risk; UNFPA has received only a quarter of the funding it needs for the year.

The United Nations warned that severe funding cuts are undermining humanitarian response in Sudan and that the UN Population Fund (UNFPA) has been forced to withdraw from more than half of the 93 health facilities it had been supporting across the country, the UN spokesperson said.

The spokesperson said UNFPA and partners continue to provide urgently needed reproductive health and protection services but that the agency has received only a quarter of the funding it needs for the year, placing services and safe spaces for women and girls at risk.

The spokesperson underscored the urgent need for sustained funding and unhindered access to address the worsening situation in Sudan, where needs remain great and funding shortfalls are reducing service coverage for vulnerable populations. No new pledges or funding commitments were announced during the briefing.