Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Cdbg Allocation topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

City and SHRA preview $4.6 million CDBG estimate; Robla and Earl Warren park restrooms recommended for 2026 funding

AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

City and SHRA staff presented a draft 2026 CDBG action‑plan allocation, estimating about $4.6 million in CDBG funds and recommending construction funding for Robla Park and Earl Warren Park restrooms.

Sacramento city staff and the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency presented a draft list of infrastructure and public‑facility projects recommended for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding in the 2026 action plan at a May 20 workshop.

SHRA Federal Programs Manager Stephanie Green said estimates are preliminary and tied to the federal budget. Using prior allocations as a baseline, staff estimated the city could receive about $4.6 million in CDBG for 2026 and proposed allocating roughly $1.16 million to infrastructure and public‑facility improvements. Staff also noted the president’s budget proposal included elimination of the CDBG program, and said final figures will depend on federal appropriations.

For 2026, staff recommended two restroom construction projects: Robla Park and Earl Warren Park. Both projects previously received planning and design funding and are expected to be construction‑ready within a year, staff said; Robla Park design is already underway with CDBG funds and could reach construction by late 2026 depending on receipt of grant funds.

Parks staff said the Robla restroom is sited to serve the park and would be separate from a proposed future clubhouse so it would not preclude a later community center. Councilmembers discussed prioritizing design funding before construction for large projects, and SHRA staff said HUD expects design work to lead to an actual physical project.

The presentation listed additional candidate projects evaluated but not recommended for 2026, including a Safe Routes to School feasibility study, Babcock Park improvements, Dixianne Alley, Northgate Boulevard complete streets, Dos Rios site remediation, Envision Broadway Oak Park, Mangan Park Community Center, Fruitridge complete streets and North Park improvements. Staff said those projects could be reconsidered in future action‑plan years and invited councilmembers to flag priorities for the next round.

Councilmembers asked about the total requests versus available funds; staff said requests on the table totaled roughly $7 million for projects that had been proposed, compared with a $4.6 million estimate. Councilmembers also urged staff to consider splitting large funding requests into design and construction phases to improve spend‑down likelihood.

No public comment was offered on the item. Staff said it will continue to meet with city departments and council offices to refine the draft list, finalize the budget by August and return to council in October with a recommended final plan for approval before the HUD submission in November.