Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Events Yard Waste Management topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Committee approves temporary removal of yard-waste and recycling containers near Fitzgerald Stadium for summer tournaments

AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The Rapid City Public Works Committee approved a Sports Commission request to remove yard-waste and recycling containers adjacent to Fitzgerald Stadium during summer tournaments, including the Veterans Classic in June and the Firecracker events in early July.

The Rapid City Public Works Committee on May 13 approved a request from the Rapid City Sports Commission to remove yard-waste and recycling containers from the remote site adjacent to Fitzgerald Stadium for the duration of annual tournaments.

The request covers removal for the Veterans Classic in June 2025 and the Firecracker tournament July 2'025 through July 6'025, and includes two days before events begin and two days after events conclude to allow staff time for cleanup and resetting. The recommendation to approve was listed in the agenda and the committee voted in favor.

Councilwoman Sequest said she supported the item for the sake of aesthetics and cleanliness during the events and encouraged staff to continue searching for a permanent alternative site. "I am in support of this item. I believe it makes sense, for the aesthetics and the cleanliness of the area for these events. I just would like to encourage staff to continue looking for alternate location for, for this purpose," Sequest said.

There was no public comment on item 18. The committee approved consent items 1 through 17 by voice vote earlier in the meeting and then approved the nonconsent item covering the Sports Commission request.