Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Community Survey topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
City launches 'Newport News Speaks' survey May 6–20 to collect budget and strategic‑plan feedback
Summary
City staff announced a citywide survey, Newport News Speaks, open May 6–20 to collect resident, worker and business input on the FY2027 budget and the 2025–2030 strategic plan; mailed invitations will go to 5,000 households and responses will also be accepted online and by mail.
Get email alerts on the Community Survey topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
City staff announced a community engagement survey called Newport News Speaks at the April 22 City Council work session. The survey will be open to residents, workers and business owners from May 6 through May 20 and will collect feedback to inform the city’s FY2027 budget and the 2025–2030 strategic plan.
Staff said the survey will be available online and by mail. They noted that 5,000 households will be mailed copies and that others can pre‑register and respond at nnva.gov/survey. Communications staff will run an outreach campaign including postcards and letters to encourage participation. The presentation emphasized that broader participation will improve representativeness of the data used to inform budget and strategic decisions.
Councilmembers and staff said the survey and a virtual town hall are intended to bring residents into the budget process earlier, especially as staff work to move parts of the CIP and budget cycle earlier in the annual calendar.
