Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Appointments Planning Commissions topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Council confirms a slate of area planning commission appointees
Summary
The City Council confirmed multiple nominees to area planning commissions in roll-call votes, with most confirmations unanimous or near-unanimous; the confirmations were presented by Planning and Land Use Management Committee members.
Get email alerts on the Appointments Planning Commissions topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Los Angeles City Council on Friday confirmed a series of appointees to the city's area planning commissions in a series of roll-call votes.
Members confirmed nominees to the South Los Angeles, North Valley, South Valley, Central and Harbor area planning commissions. Appointees included Donna Andrews and Curtis Freeland for the South Los Angeles Area Planning Commission; Victor Samson and Ernesto Cardenas for the North Valley Area Planning Commission; Matt Epstein, Vicente Lucente and Darren Robert Martinez for the South Valley Area Planning Commission; James Harris for the Central Area Planning Commission; and Richard Higashi, Lucia Moreno Linares and Joanne Vallejo for the Harbor Area Planning Commission.
Councilmember Miscikowski (acting for the Planning and Land Use Management Committee) told the council each nominee had been considered by committee and was recommended for confirmation. The roll calls recorded 12-aye tallies on most confirmations; in a later item a unanimous 12-aye tally was announced as well.
Why it matters: Area planning commissions review land-use applications, discretionary permits and local planning determinations within their districts. The council's confirmations fill seats that local boards and property owners rely on to advance and review development proposals.
Looking ahead: Newly confirmed commissioners were welcomed to their posts and told most commissions expect to begin hearing cases in July.

