Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Economic Development topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Golden Vertex/Mako US outlines mine restart plans, says most hires are local
Summary
Golden Vertex Corp., under new ownership by Mako US, briefed council on ramping mine operations, local hiring and planned production; presenters said they expect roughly 97 permanent billets this year and more than 130 personnel on site when contractors are included.
Get email alerts on the Economic Development topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Golden Vertex Corp. representatives presented an update to Bullhead City Council on Aug. 5 on mine operations at the Moss district following an ownership change to Mako US in March 2025. Jamie Bond, identified as general manager, and AJ Pampas, HR manager, described recent maintenance work, hiring and plans to resume crushing and processing.
Bond said the mine kept a skeleton processing crew after surface mining ceased last July and that Mako US acquired operations March 26, 2025. He said the site team rebuilt infrastructure including wells, pump maintenance, and a crusher, and that equipment deliveries were underway. Bond described company goals as long‑term community engagement, operational efficiency and environmental and safety accountability.
AJ Pampas said the site workforce had grown from roughly 32 workers earlier in the year to more than 62 personnel at the time of the presentation and that the company's task organization aims for 97 approved billets by the end of the second quarter of the following year. Pampas said about 90% of hires over the last four to five months are from Mohave County, primarily Bullhead City, though key technical roles have been recruited from outside the region. When the contractor labor force is included the presenters said the on‑site count could reach 130–140 personnel.
Operational metrics mentioned included a planned crushing rate of about 10,000 tons per day and moving about 30,000 tons total waste and ore in the early restart phase. Bond said the mine retains permitting and relationships with federal and state agencies and the Bureau of Land Management.
Council thanked the company for the update and welcomed the company as a regional partner; city staff invited the company to return to brief the public as operations progress. The presentation was informational; no council action was required.
