Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Personnel Change topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
City staff Enrique Salivar announces retirement effective July; committee thanks longtime staffer
Summary
Enrique Salivar, a long‑serving city staff member who supports the Stakeholders Oversight Committee, told members he plans to retire in July; council has begun recruiting his successor.
Get email alerts on the Personnel Change topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
City staff member Enrique Salivar told the Baldwin Park Stakeholders Oversight Committee on April 8 that he plans to retire in July and that council had already begun recruitment for his successor. Salivar said he will be eligible for retirement in July and that June will be his last SOC meeting if the council names a successor before then. “I am informing you of my intent to retire in July,” Salivar said.
Committee members responded with appreciation and personal remarks; several thanked Salivar for his support, orientation of new members and steady leadership. Members said they have benefited from his institutional knowledge during the committee’s first months of project selection and oversight. Salivar said he intends to use retirement to spend more time with family.
What’s next: Council has directed staff to begin selection and recruitment for a successor; Salivar said he expects to be available through June and hopes a successor is named before his retirement.

