Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Conditional Use Permit Revocation topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Chair announces investigation into March 1 shooting at King's Bar; staff to report on possible conditional use permit revocation

AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Commission chair reported a March 1 shooting at King's Bar, a site previously approved by a conditional use permit, and directed staff to investigate and prepare a report; planning manager said staff will bring a revocation item to the April meeting if warranted.

Chairman Vos told the commission on March 17 that an incident on March 1 at King’s Bar — described as a shooting — has prompted an instruction to staff to investigate the circumstances and prepare a report for the planning commission. The chair said staff should be prepared to recommend a revocation hearing on the conditional use permit for the site if the investigation indicates it is necessary.

Planning Manager Heine Nguyen told the commission staff has begun a preliminary review and will bring an item regarding King’s Bar to the commission in April for consideration. Nguyen said the citystaff will be thorough and that any formal action the commission may take would remain subject to city council oversight.

Chair Vos said he did not have the full scope of information at the time of the meeting but emphasized the commission must address community incidents promptly and without preconceived notions. Nguyen confirmed staff will prepare the report and expects to have an agenda item ready for the commissions April meeting.

No formal revocation motion or vote occurred at the March 17 meeting; the commission directed staff to investigate and report back.