Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Subdivision Parking Notice topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Planning board reopens then tables 16 Marion Ave subdivision after neighbor raises parking, notice concerns
Summary
Saratoga Springs Planning Board reopened public comment on a consent item for a two‑lot subdivision at 16 Marion Ave after a neighbor said notice and parking questions remained. The board left the public hearing open and unanimously tabled the item until the applicant can appear and address parking and notification issues.
Get email alerts on the Subdivision Parking Notice topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Saratoga Springs Planning Board reopened public comment on a consent item for a proposed subdivision at 16 Marion Ave on Feb. 13 after a neighbor raised questions about notice and parking. The board left the public hearing open and voted to table the application so the applicant could attend a future meeting and address concerns.
The item had been listed on the consent agenda but was returned to the regular agenda because a required sign posting at the property was not completed before the board’s previous action, planning staff said. Neighbor Deb Lacombe told the board she had not been able to access application links and raised questions about whether the subdivision eliminated informal on‑street parking in front of a preexisting two‑family building at Lot 1. "There was 2 spaces out in front of the apartment building... if you build a sidewalk and everything, then you can't do that anymore," Lacombe said, summarizing the neighborhood concern about the loss of informal curbside spaces.
Planning staff explained the site was a legal nonconforming two‑family and that the subdivision would create separate lots; the board does not decide whether an existing use is lawful — that determination rests with code enforcement — but the planning board can consider whether the proposed subdivision triggers parking or other site‑design concerns. Staff said the legal ad and neighbor notices had been sent; the property sign had been posted only after the prior meeting, which is why the board reopened the item.
Board members repeatedly said they preferred having the applicant present for substantive discussion. After public comment, a motion to table the application was made and the board left the public hearing open. No formal vote counts were recorded in the planning board minutes for the tabling motion; the board announced the application would return once the applicant was present to respond to comments about parking layouts and notification.
The board advised staff to notify the applicant that the board reopens the public hearing and expects the applicant to address the parking configuration (including whether required off‑street spaces will be provided) and to provide any documentation that had not been accessible online.
The board moved on to later agenda items after tabling the Marion Ave application. The public hearing remains open and the record shows that the earlier approval is being treated as a nullity until the board acts again with full procedure satisfied.
A return date for the item was not set at the meeting.
