Speaker at Aurora public comment condemns police violence, cites Ra'Jon Belt Stubblefield death and consent-decree concerns

Aurora City Council ยท November 3, 2025

Get AI-powered insights, summaries, and transcripts

Subscribe
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

A public commenter accused Aurora leadership of failing to address police violence after the death of Ra'Jon Belt Stubblefield, criticized the city's consent-decree monitoring arrangement and said the community's protest will continue.

A resident told the Aurora City Council during a public comment listening session that the city is failing to address police violence and urged stronger accountability.

"65 days. That's how long it has been since Aurora Police took the life of Ra'Jon Belt Stubblefield," said Medan, who criticized the council's response and the city's oversight arrangements. Medan said there had been "no outrage by your body, only empty words for the family," and criticized the city's consent-decree monitoring contract, saying the city is "arbitrarily" relying on an entity it is paying "$5,000,000 to monitor the patterns of the police." He told the council, "At your next session, when you're back in person, you will see us, and we will be there because your decisions, your culture, and your lack of leadership make disruption necessary."

Medan listed other names of people he said the community mourns and argued that Aurora faces both a policing and leadership crisis. His remarks were delivered as public comment; the council did not take formal action during the listening session.