City counsel seeks approval of $32,500 settlement for 2017 cemetery injury

Toledo City Council · February 18, 2025

Get AI-powered insights, summaries, and transcripts

Subscribe
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The Department of Law presented a proposed $32,500 settlement for an injury when a tombstone fell on a child at a city‑owned cemetery in 2017; counsel asked council to approve the payment and requested SEP.

Ted Moller, counsel for the Department of Law, described a proposed settlement for an injury that occurred in 2017 when a tombstone fell at a city‑owned cemetery. "This proposed settlement regards an 8 year old back in 2017 that was hit by a falling tombstone at our city owned cemetery," Moller said. He explained that a foundation for the tombstone had been paid for nine years earlier but had not been installed, and the incident injured the child while visiting with her guardian and brother. Moller said the department was requesting approval of $32,500 for the injury and asked for SEP.

The transcript shows no recorded questions or a formal vote on the settlement in the agenda review segment. Chair Hobbs recommended SEP after Moller's presentation.

The record in the transcript does not show whether the settlement was approved, who moved or seconded a motion, or whether any additional conditions were attached.