Pueblo City reports three officers shot; gunshot-detection coverage doubled as community aid pours in

Pueblo City Council · November 25, 2025

Get AI-powered insights, summaries, and transcripts

Subscribe
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Pueblo City officials told council two of three officers shot last week are out of hospital and all remain stable; the Police Department expanded its gunshot-detection coverage from 3 to 6 square miles and the city thanked community support while crews removed hazardous waste from an abandoned property.

Two of the three Pueblo Police officers wounded in last week’s shooting have been released from hospital and all three are in stable condition, city officials told the City Council on March 24. Brian McCain, the city chief of staff, opened the meeting by asking the council and the community to keep the officers and department in their thoughts and thanked local agencies that responded, including the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office and the Colorado State Patrol.

McCain announced that the police department’s gunshot-detection system has been expanded from a three-square-mile coverage area to six square miles “to allow further detection of gunfire events.” He credited responding dispatch and civilian staff for their work during the incident and said the city is grateful for “the immense outpouring of support from our community members and businesses.”

The city also reported public-works crews in the Bessemer Central area completed a targeted cleanup of alleyways and an abandoned house scheduled for demolition. McCain said the site contained substantial household hazardous waste, including about 1,800 needles, five shopping carts and 14 tires, and required two dump-truck trips.

Council members did not take formal action on the items but the announcement framed subsequent agenda items and council remarks about public safety and city services. The council did not provide additional operational details about the shooting beyond McCain’s report at the meeting. The council moved on to other agenda items after thanking McCain for the update.