Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Medical Cannabis topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Board of Appeals reschedules Relief Medical Center appeal to March 12 after neighbors object to repeated delays

San Francisco Board of Appeals · February 20, 2008
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The San Francisco Board of Appeals agreed to continue the appeal over Relief Medical Center (2966 First Street) to March 12 with no further continuances after neighbors said the cannabis dispensary repeatedly missed deadlines; planning staff said a planning commission hearing on a new location is scheduled for March 6.

The San Francisco Board of Appeals voted to continue the notice-of-violation appeal for Relief Medical Center, a medical cannabis dispensary at 2966 First Street, to March 12 with a directive of no further reschedulings.

Planning staff told the board the dispensary has been subject to a notice of violation and that deadlines previously set by the Board of Supervisors pushed the closure date to March 1; the department said Relief has sought alternate locations and that the planning commission will consider a discretionary review of a proposed new location on March 6. Scott Sanchez, planning department staff, said the department has worked with the permit holder “and they have been very diligent in trying to find an alternate location.”

Neighbors told the board they have tracked the case for one to two years and accused the permit holder of repeatedly postponing required actions and ignoring closure orders. Soren Ragsdale, identifying himself as a neighbor, said the business has operated near two schools, a daycare and a playground and described a series of missed deadlines and postponed hearings.

Commissioners debated whether additional continuances should be allowed. Commissioner Fung moved to reschedule the item to March 12 and added direction that no further continuances be granted; the motion carried on a 4–0–1 vote with Commissioner Robert Holland absent.

Next steps: The board will hear the appeal on March 12 and, if the notice of violation is upheld, the matter could move to the city attorney’s office for enforcement.