Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Land Use topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Planning board closes public hearing on proposed two‑lot subdivision at 711 Farmers Realty Court
Summary
The Town of Babylon Planning Board closed a public hearing Sept. 30 on an application to subdivide 711 Farmers Realty Court into two lots, with the applicant saying prior county approvals exist and a nearby resident expressing concern about traffic and lot orientation; the record remains open for departmental comments.
Get email alerts on the Land Use topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Town of Babylon Planning Board on Sept. 30 closed a public hearing on an application to subdivide property at 711 Farmers Realty Court into two lots to allow a new two‑story single‑family home on one lot and to retain the existing home on the other. The board did not vote on final approval and left the record open for departmental review.
The application (Job 2419 B) describes the existing parcel as roughly 21,056 square feet and lists the proposed lot sizes in the filing as 10,451.04 square feet for one lot and, as recorded in the meeting transcript, 10,600,609 square feet for the second lot; the latter figure appears inconsistent with the overall parcel size and is noted here as stated on the record. Attorney Joseph C. Hubbard, representing the applicant, said the subdivision map had been filed with the Suffolk County Clerk and that "the board of health has approved the subdivision" in prior submissions and that the covenants had been previously accepted by the county attorney's office.
A nearby resident, Shannon Northrup of 1048 North Hamilton Avenue, told the board she wanted to ensure the application matched previous submissions and said she understood the new house "is going to face Farmers Avenue, no openings on Hamilton, no traffic going through there." The chair and counsel asked the applicant to confirm the conditions and covenants in a Sept. 4 planning memo from Denise Graziano, commissioner of planning and development; Hubbard said his client would comply with whatever the board required and that the applicant had submitted the covenants to the county clerk on multiple prior occasions.
Frank Santos moved to close the public hearing; Daniel Shookon seconded. The board recorded a voice vote of "Aye" and the chair declared the public hearing closed. The chair said the administrative record will remain open for further departmental comments and that members of the public may submit comments to the planning department by phone, email or in person.
Next steps: The board did not take a final vote on the subdivision at the Sept. 30 meeting. Departments with outstanding review items may submit comments for the record and the planning staff will advise the board when the application is ready for further consideration.

