Board approves $2.6 million Ballmer Group-funded mental-health agreements
Get AI-powered insights, summaries, and transcripts
SubscribeSummary
The board approved seven mental-health service agreements funded by the Ballmer Group totaling $2.6 million for Jan. 1, 2026–Dec. 31, 2027, to replace a federal grant the district said was rescinded. Directors thanked community partners for stepping in.
The board approved seven whole-child mental-health service contracts with local providers for a combined total of $2.6 million, covering Jan. 1, 2026 through Dec. 31, 2027. Deputy Superintendent (as recorded in the meeting) recommended the agreements and identified the Ballmer Group as the funding source that will support on-site mental-health services across schools.
Board members said the services mirror providers previously used by the district and explained that a federal funding grant was rescinded earlier in the year. Several directors publicly thanked Steve and Connie Ballmer and Ballmer Group staff (identified in the transcript by name) for stepping in to maintain continuity of services. The deputy superintendent and other staff said the Ballmer Group funding will allow providers to continue coming into neighborhood schools to deliver mental-health supports.
Board members moved and seconded the item; the motion passed by voice vote. Directors emphasized the large number of students who will benefit from having on-site or school-based mental-health resources and lauded staff who negotiated the agreements.
The contracts were described as continuation of services with the same seven providers the district previously utilized. The item passed as part of the business matters section; the board did not raise motions to change contract terms during the meeting.
Next steps described by staff included executing agreements and coordinating service delivery with school-based staff and community partners.
