Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Public Comment topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Residents urge review of long‑running Ecology School concerns; staff warns of scams targeting applicants

Saco Planning Board · December 10, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Members of the public urged the Planning Board to pause completeness review and seek a historical compliance record for the Ecology School; staff also reported a multi‑municipality scam where fraudsters posed as planning personnel and contacted applicants, and said they are coordinating with IT and communications to protect applicants.

During the public‑comment period Kelly Archer and Inga Brown made extended statements alleging long‑running problems related to the Ecology School and municipal enforcement. Archer referenced correspondence sent to MDOT and asked that the board scrutinize agreements and legal accountability. Brown asked the board to defer a pending completeness review and said the meeting packet lacked a full compliance record; she said a multi‑page compliance matrix prepared under a prior planner (Emily Cole Prescott) documents outstanding items and should be included in the Dec. 16 packet.

Brown specifically alleged that quarterly traffic monitoring requirements and hourly traffic limits imposed in prior conditions had been exceeded in prior years and that the Ecology School had not amended programming as required when limits were tripped. She urged staff to provide the historical record and, if necessary, ask the city attorney to review the matter before the board acts.

Separately, Planning Department staff reported that several municipalities across Maine have seen fraud attempts in which scammers posed as planning staff via spoofed email addresses (e.g., sacomaineusa.com). Staff warned applicants not to send money or sensitive information and said they have temporarily paused posting new applications online while they work with IT and communications to protect applicant data.

Board response: staff acknowledged the public submissions and said they will add the compliance matrix and related materials to future packets and work with council and the city attorney as needed; the board did not take immediate enforcement action at this meeting but directed staff to include the requested records in the packet for the Dec. 16 meeting and follow up as appropriate.