Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Culvert Replacement topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Bowman Lane culvert design out to bid; committee to confirm funding after Oct. 15 bids
Summary
DPW said the Bowman Lane culvert (Jack Straw Brook) is designed and out to bid with responses due Oct. 15; the committee described the warrant article as an insurance item and will know whether previously appropriated funds suffice after bids arrive.
Get email alerts on the Culvert Replacement topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The DPW told the Advisory Finance Committee on Sept. 23 that the Bowman Lane culvert replacement (Jack Straw Brook) is designed and currently out to bid, with bids due Oct. 15. The town had appropriated funding for the project in 2023; the warrant article discussed at the meeting functions as an insurance item in case bids exceed the prior appropriation.
Chris Payant said he expects to know after the Oct. 15 bid opening whether the existing appropriation covers the project or whether the committee should recommend an additional amount; he noted prices and project complexity can change over time and that the department will report back with the bid totals and any needed delta. Payant said the department’s estimate for construction was in the vicinity of $9.50 (thousand) in the discussion, and that the committee should defer a final vote until the bid results are available.
The committee did not take a final vote on funding at this meeting; members asked clarifying questions about scope and timing and agreed to revisit the item after bid results are available.

