Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Redevelopment topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Old Street Garage demolished; six RFPQ responses received as city readies shortlist
Summary
City staff reported demolition and asbestos abatement are complete at the old street garage site and said six teams responded to the RFPQ; staff plan to shortlist, interview, and return with a recommendation to the board March 4 and to city council March 9 to begin scoping.
Get email alerts on the Redevelopment topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The board received a detailed redevelopment update for the Old Street Garage site: asbestos abatement began Jan. 14, demolition wrapped up last week and "all the buildings as of today are now down," Kevin Krewelich said.
Krewelich said the city issued an addendum to the RFPQ on Jan. 14, received six responses by the Jan. 30 deadline and has distributed a comparative matrix to staff. Teams listed in the transcript included Envoy, Core Construction, Meyer and Hagen, RL Turner, Hagerman and Garmon. He said the city will meet with the selection committee to shortlist respondents, hold interviews in the coming weeks, and return to the parks board on March 4 with a recommendation, followed by a presentation to city council on March 9 to begin scoping for a project targeted for delivery by next spring.
Why it matters: demolition clears the site for redevelopment and the RFPQ responses commence the competitive procurement process; community stakeholders and council review are planned before scoping and contracting.
What’s next: staff will shortlist and interview respondents, prepare a recommendation for the March 4 parks board meeting and present that recommendation to city council on March 9 to advance scoping and contracting.

