Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Price officials notified of planned 'No Kings Mass' protest; police monitoring and contingency staffing discussed
Summary
Council was told a nationwide 'No Kings Mass' event will take place in Price on Saturday; the police chief said organizers are trusted but warned of potential paid counter-protesters and said officers will act if demonstrators encroach onto sidewalks or roadways.
Get email alerts on the Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Price — Council members were briefed on a planned demonstration in Price tied to a nationwide "No Kings Mass" event set for Saturday in the downtown area. A council member alerted the group to the event and asked whether a permit was required.
The police chief said local organizers had been contacted and described them as trustworthy but warned about the risk that paid counter-protesters or hecklers could show up. "If they encroach onto the sidewalk or into the roadway, then they're in violation, and we'd have to shut it down," the chief said, and added that officers are prepared to respond and can request additional support if needed.
Staff said the event appears separate from an unrelated Los Angeles protest; organizers in Price had not requested a permit because the assembly was to be on private property. Council members noted that the sheriff's office and precinct police were aware of the planned event and would monitor the situation.
