Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Student Safety Ai Communication topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Parents and residents press Radnor board to correct Jan. 16 message and strengthen AI and student-safety policies

Radnor Township School District Board of School Directors · February 25, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

At the Feb. 24 Radnor Township School District board meeting, public commenters accused the district of minimizing an AI-generated, nonconsensual-image incident involving students and asked the board to correct its Jan. 16 email. The board pledged policy reviews, handbook updates and educational programming while citing minors' privacy limits.

Public commenters at the Radnor Township School District board meeting on Feb. 24 urged the board to correct a Jan. 16 district email about an incident involving AI-generated, nonconsensual imagery of a student and to strengthen policies and communications.

Morgan Dorfman, a Wayne resident, told the board the incident “involved criminal conduct” and accused some community leaders of spreading misinformation or downplaying the harms. Dorfman said silence and inconsistent messaging “does not protect children” and urged the board to choose “leadership over silence.”

Audrey Greenberg, a Radnor resident, described a Dec. 4 episode in which a freshman was allegedly pulled from class and questioned one-on-one by a school assistant principal about sexually explicit, AI-generated images. Greenberg said parents had asked that the student not be questioned alone. She said the district’s Jan. 16 email asserted there was “no evidence” of inappropriate or criminal conduct, but that victims’ families were informed two days earlier that a juvenile had been charged. “Those statements cannot both be true,” Greenberg said, and she asked the board to correct the Jan. 16 message so it aligns with the district attorney’s public statement.

The board acknowledged the difficulty for the families involved and emphasized that minors’ privacy constrains public discussion of details. On the same day the board outlined a set of follow-up steps it said it would pursue: the policy committee will review and propose redlines for policies addressing generative AI and nonconsensual digital media; the curriculum and handbook review processes will consider updates to student discipline language and to educational programming; administration will review procedures and protocols and incorporate family feedback; and the high school will develop educational programming on dignity, privacy and online conduct.

The board’s public statement framed the work as an effort to protect student safety and well-being while respecting privacy for minors. Board members did not provide a timeline for publishing redlined policies or for any corrections to past communications.

The issue dominated the public-comment portion of the meeting and prompted multiple requests that the board place a structured discussion of the district’s decision-making and communications on a future agenda. The board said it is reviewing existing policies and will address them in committee over the coming months.