Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Municipal Budget topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Cape Canaveral CRA adopts fiscal 2025–26 budget, funds park and street projects

City of Cape Canaveral Community Redevelopment Agency · September 19, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The City of Cape Canaveral Community Redevelopment Agency on Sept. 16 approved Resolution CRA 14 adopting the fiscal year 2025–26 CRA budget in a 4-0 vote, earmarking funds for Canaveral Park redevelopment, a phased Presidential Streets implementation, an increase to the financial incentives program, and renovations at the Nancy Hansen facility.

The City of Cape Canaveral Community Redevelopment Agency adopted its fiscal year 2025–26 budget (Resolution CRA 14) on Sept. 16 in a 4-0 vote, approving spending the CRA’s available funds on several capital projects and program increases.

Community and Economic Development Director James Bell summarized the budget and its principal allocations, saying the CRA fund holds “just over $3 million” and identifying major capital priorities: Canaveral Park redevelopment, phased implementation of the Presidential Streets master plan with Fillmore to start first, an increase in the financial incentives program from $50,000 to $75,000, and renovations to the Nancy Hansen facility budgeted at just under $300,000.

Board members pressed staff for more specifics. Board member Jackson asked for a breakdown of the Nancy Hansen work, noting previous roof work remained incomplete; staff directed the board to the CIP project pages for itemized costs and confirmed that last year’s roof funds were carried forward. Bell said this year’s allocation focuses on electrical updates, exterior paint and interior upgrades in addition to addressing incomplete roof work.

On the Presidential Streets plan, staff described the $1.2 million figure shown in materials as the total project estimate and said the board expects a phased approach and that only a portion of that total would be obligated this year once bids and construction schedules are finalized. The director reiterated that unspent CRA funds are typically carried forward and can be reallocated within the CRA fund and its statutory boundaries.

With no public comments and no further discussion, Board member Willis moved to approve Resolution CRA 14; Vice Chair Kellum seconded. The clerk recorded the vote and the resolution passed 4-0. Chairperson Morrison confirmed there was no unfinished or new business and adjourned the meeting.

Next steps: staff will proceed with project phasing and the procurement steps described during the presentation; board members requested follow-up details (CIP line-item breakdowns and roofing schedule) to be provided by staff.