Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Land Use topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Resident criticizes proposed easement closure near 1520 N. Hartford at public hearing

Tulsa City Council · December 10, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

At a public hearing on an ordinance to close part of a public way at 1520 N. Hartford, resident James Alexander Jr. criticized the proposal as prioritizing development over North Tulsa, saying the city had "told North Tulsa to go to hell." The proposal was requested by Bailey Bence of Eller Dietrich for the Tulsa Economic Development Corporation; the hearing record included limited public comment.

The Tulsa City Council opened a public hearing Dec. 10 on a proposed ordinance to close a portion of a public way located at 1520 North Hartford Avenue. The request was made by Bailey Bence of Eller Dietrich on behalf of the Tulsa Economic Development Corporation; the proposal noted utilities would remain on the retained easement.

At the hearing James Alexander Jr., introduced by staff, spoke against the closure and said the plan favored outside development over long-term North Tulsa residents. Alexander criticized how the planning process had been handled and warned of negative community change, saying, "the city of Tulsa has just told North Tulsa to go to hell." He also urged community members to get involved.

The public hearing record shows limited public participation: one speaker spoke at length opposing the closure and another person was listed but declined to speak. The council moved to enter the public hearing and then exited it by unanimous consent; no formal vote on the easement closure was recorded during the televised portion of the meeting.

Council staff described the legal location for the requested closure and that utilities would be retained over the right-of-way; specifics of any developer plans or permit approvals were not discussed on the record. No staff presentation or council debate about alternatives was recorded during the televised portion.

Next step: The hearing will remain part of the public record; the council did not take a final vote on the closure during the televised portion and any formal action would be scheduled in accordance with council procedures.