Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Community Events topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Mission Viejo council approves America 250 parade for July 11

Mission Viejo City Council · February 24, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The council unanimously approved planning for an America 250 parade on July 11, 2026, along Marguerite Parkway, citing community engagement and previously budgeted funds for festivities.

The Mission Viejo City Council voted unanimously on Feb. 24 to advance planning for an America 250 parade on the morning of July 11, with a tentative 9 a.m. start and a route along Marguerite Parkway.

Staff said a small volunteer committee and select city staff have begun preliminary planning and that $50,000 in midyear budget funds had been allocated for America 250‑related festivities. "The proposed date of the parade would be the morning of July 11," staff said during the presentation.

Residents and community groups spoke in support; Caleb Troncalley, who graduated from Mission Viejo High School, said the event would "teach my generation and the next generation where the freedoms they have come from" and urged the city to "do this right." Classic car groups and other volunteers also offered to participate and help manage parade logistics.

The vote authorized staff to proceed with parade planning and to use previously approved midyear funds for event expenses; staff said they will coordinate traffic control plans with the Orange County Sheriff’s Department and city traffic engineers.

Next steps: Staff will continue planning with the volunteer committee, coordinate public‑safety support, and return to council with logistics as needed.