Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Employment Dispute topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Longtime city employee alleges wrongful termination and contaminated dirt at former health department building

Bridgeport City Council · December 15, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

At a public comment, Cecil Young said he was terminated in 2006 after reporting contaminated dirt piles at the East Main Street health department building, named officials he said were involved, and said he has submitted documents and audio to support his claims and filed a Human Rights Commission complaint.

During public comment, Cecil Young told the council he had been employed by the city for more than 27 years and said he was terminated in 2006 after raising concerns about 'contaminated dirt piles' at the East Main Street health department building (which he described as a 'sick building').

Young said he brought documentation, audio recordings and names of officials he alleges conspired to get him removed, listing Dr. Evans, Jodie Paul, Gerald Wayne and "Mike Co" among those he accused. He said he filed a complaint with the Human Rights Commission and that the commission had accepted his complaint and was following up.

Young asked the council to 'make the mayor sit down and respond' and said he would continue to press the issue, including posting materials to his YouTube show. The remarks were made as part of the public-comment period; the council did not take immediate action during this meeting to investigate or respond on the record.

Because the statements are allegations by a speaker during public comment, this article reports them as claims and notes the speaker's stated supporting evidence (documentation and audio) and the filing with the Human Rights Commission.