Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Student from Musique Madeira urges council action after repeated truck strikes near Camargo and Miami intersection
Summary
Peter Kasprzycki, a Musique Madeira student, told the March 9 council meeting that semi-trucks have struck fixtures or come dangerously close to the building at Camargo Road and Miami Avenue and sometimes did not stop; he submitted photos and asked for bollards, delivery restrictions, signage, or other traffic-calming measures. Administration said police will inspect and pedestrian improvements will be considered.
Get email alerts on the Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Madeira, Ohio — During public comment at the March 9 Madeira City Council meeting, Peter Kasprzycki, a student at Musique Madeira, described repeated incidents in which semi-trucks struck fixtures near Musique Madeira or came dangerously close to the building, and said drivers often did not stop. Kasprzycki said he submitted photographs with dates as evidence and asked the council to review traffic patterns and consider safety measures including fixed steel bollards, delivery restrictions for semi-trucks, enhanced signage, or other traffic-calming solutions.
"Several trucks came dangerously close to the building and, in most instances, continued driving without stopping," Kasprzycki said, and warned that the studio houses musical instruments of significant value that could be damaged and that students could be at risk.
City Manager Michael Norton-Smith said administration would follow up with a Police Department inspection and consider pedestrian sidewalk improvements; no formal directive or vote on the remedies was recorded in the minutes. Kasprzycki told the council several incidents were reported to the Madeira Police dating back to May 2024 and provided photographs to the record.
Another public commenter, Doug Oppenheimer of the Madeira Historical Society, requested a second inspection of historic buildings and said an administrative email had been delayed; Vice Mayor Ramzi Takieddine said he disagreed with the premise but appreciated the input. Council did not take immediate formal action on either public-comment request during the meeting.
The administration's stated next steps are the Police Department inspection and consideration of sidewalk or pedestrian improvements; residents seeking updates should watch for follow-up at future meetings.
