Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Redevelopment topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Property owner outlines mixed-use proposal for 118 Medina Street; will return with details
Summary
At the March 9 Lodi Village Council meeting, Will Genkin presented posterboard renderings for 118 Medina Street proposing a second-floor apartment and a first-floor business; Mayor Robert Geissman said the village must review prior abandonment findings and legal constraints. Genkin will provide more details and a timeline at the next meeting.
Get email alerts on the Redevelopment topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Will Genkin, owner of the property at 118 Medina Street, presented posterboard renderings at the March 9 Lodi Village Council meeting showing plans to convert the building to mixed use, with an apartment on the second floor and commercial space on the first.
Mayor Robert Geissman said the property had been previously deemed an abandonment of discontinued use; he told council he would forward the original letter that outlined repairs required at the time of that determination. Genkin told council he will return to the next meeting to expand on his proposal, provide more specific plans for the second-floor apartment and share a construction timeline.
Genkin also said he is working on other village-square properties. He reported progress on the former Hower building, where the council previously approved second-floor apartments, and said he is negotiating with Fiesta Jalapenos to locate a Mexican restaurant on the building’s first floor. He said he expects to finish work this year on a smaller adjacent building as well.
No formal action was taken on the 118 Medina Street proposal at the March 9 meeting. The mayor and council signaled that staff will need to determine what is legally permissible under village ordinance and any outstanding repair requirements before construction or occupancy proceeds.
