Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Events topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Marysville council approves 2026 event budgets, including July 3 fireworks and July 4 drone show
Summary
Council approved proposed 2026 budgets for three city-sponsored events — a two-day July Fourth sequence (fireworks July 3 in Riverfront Park, drone show July 4 at the fairgrounds), the Marysville Beach (Peach) Festival and the annual Christmas Parade — and authorized staff to proceed with contracting; staff said the city's exposure for the drone/fireworks show will be $21,287.50.
Get email alerts on the Events topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Marysville City Council approved budgets and authorized staff to proceed with contracting and planning for three city-sponsored events in 2026: the July Fourth sequence (a fireworks show and a drone show shared with neighboring municipalities), the annual Marysville Beach (Peach) Festival and the Christmas Parade.
Carrie Huck, speaking for event staff, said the July Fourth programming will span two days: fireworks in Riverfront Park on July 3 and a drone show at the Yuba County Fairgrounds on July 4. Huck said the city's actual exposure for the drone and fireworks shows is expected to be $21,287.50, with the remainder covered through cost-sharing with other municipalities and sponsorships.
Huck also described changes to the Peach Festival budget after last year's multi-stage event. "You were in the neighborhood of around $21,000 in exposure for the peach festival, and we've been able to bring that down to $9,704," she said, adding that staff had raised roughly $23,000 in sponsorships as of the presentation.
Council members asked logistical questions about which events are on the third versus fourth and confirmed that fairgrounds admission would be free for the community; Huck said the fairgrounds waived fees in exchange for volunteer cleanup assistance. She also confirmed that Pyro Spectacular North will operate the pyrotechnics and that a planned flyover by Beale Air Force Base remains contingent.
After discussion and no public comment, the council moved, seconded and approved the budgets and authorization to proceed with contracting and planning.
