Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Events topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Council approves $70,000 fireworks contract, shifts launch to YMCA lot to protect turf
Summary
Council approved a $70,000 contract with Pyro Technica for two choreographed July fireworks shows, and staff will move the launch site to the YMCA parking-lot grassy area to protect new artificial turf and expand viewing and parking options.
Get email alerts on the Events topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Harrisburg — The Town Council approved a $70,000 contract with Pyro Technica for two choreographed fireworks shows on July 3 and 4, and agreed to move the launch site to the grassy area at the top of the YMCA parking lot.
Assistant Director Sean Marble told council the proposed site change will free up athletic fields for spectators, protect new artificial turf fields from fallout, add parking flexibility and allow an additional access point from Harris Depot Park. Last year’s fireworks show cost the town about $33,250; the proposed shows are larger, choreographed two-night displays timed to soundtracks and incorporating more than 850 shells across both nights.
Marble said the prior vendor could not accommodate the YMCA site and could not provide choreography; Pyro Technica — the recommended vendor — has supplied shows for regional events and sporting championships. The contract includes rescheduling contingencies, and staff said they would coordinate with the fire department, vendor and event-production teams on weather contingencies and safety.
Council members requested outreach to residents in nearby courtyards to explain the site change and cleanup expectations; staff said that courtesy visits and post-show cleanup plans are part of event preparations.
What happens next: staff will finalize the contract, coordinate public information and staging plans, and continue to refine rescheduling contingencies with the vendor and public-safety partners.

