Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Grants topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
County announces $2.75M DEEQ recycling grant to fund Carson Convenience Center and equipment
Summary
County staff told commissioners the county’s DEEQ recycling grant application was awarded $2.75 million (the ask had been $2.9M). The funding is intended to renovate the Carson Convenience Center, update the recovery/recycling building at the landfill and purchase equipment; staff said more details will be provided through town and county communications.
Get email alerts on the Grants topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
During announcements at the April 14 Mon County meeting, staff reported that the county’s application to the North Carolina DEEQ recycling grant program — originally for $2.9 million — was awarded $2.75 million.
Officials said the grant will fund the Carson Convenience Center, renovation of the county’s recovery/recycling building at the landfill and equipment purchases to support local recycling operations. Staff indicated the project would include the center’s complete funding and an equipment list to be executed as part of the grant award.
The announcement was made as part of a series of county updates; staff advised residents the project will be implemented in coordination with county services and that interested parties should contact town hall or county offices for details.
Provenance: County announcement that "we actually received $2.75 million for that recycling project" (SEG 381–386).
Ending: Staff expects to follow up with project specifics and public information as procurement and planning proceed.

