Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Recycling topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Taos staff to republish recycling RFP; grant timeline extends to 2029
Summary
Staff said they withdrew the initial recycling RFP and will republish it on March 2; they plan a phased design, construction and operations approach and said grant funds for the project must be spent by 2029.
Get email alerts on the Recycling topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Assistant Manager Mark Flores told the board the previously published recycling RFP has been withdrawn and will be republished on March 2 as staff finalize scope and procurement. "We withdrew that publication, and we are going out to republish the recycling RFP," Flores said.
Flores described a phased approach to the project — design and planning followed by construction and then operational ramp‑up — and said the grant timeline requires funds to be expended by 2029. He said the town will confer with the grant administrator and procurement officer about specific grant deadlines and procurement requirements.
A public commenter, Jennifer Paris of Taos Scraps, asked why the RFP was being republished and said she had not been notified of the change; staff clarified that an earlier award to SMA pertained to environmental services at the landfill, not the recycling facility contract.
Staff said they will confirm grant deadlines and communicate with stakeholders; no procurement decisions were made at the meeting.
