Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Operations And Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Fremont BID board hears reports on homelessness, parking-lot bids, amenities and holiday decorations
Summary
At its April 21 meeting the Fremont BID board received updates from an officer on downtown homelessness and from staff and guests on parking-lot bids, a proposed map for benches and trash cans, speaker-system relocations, and Christmas decorations funding; no formal actions were taken on these items.
Get email alerts on the Operations And Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Officer Savio briefed the Fremont Business Improvement District board on the downtown homeless situation and advised board members to use the Fremont Police Department non-emergency line to report disturbances. The board discussed keeping its own records of calls to track incidents; no formal action or referral was recorded.
Dan Gillis told the board that 11 bids had been received for city parking-lot work; he said the bid award would come later in the month and that work is expected to be delayed until early fall. The minutes record this as an informational update and show no board action.
Howard Krasne reported that a proposed map locating trash cans, benches and picnic tables has been produced and will be submitted to the city for approval. Lainey Paquette distributed a speaker-location map and said the group had identified redundant units; the board agreed to relocate existing speakers to replace failed ones and Lainey will continue to work with Jason at Audio Video. Lainey also reported that research on purchasing a new speaker system is unlikely to proceed before 2028.
Tom Coday reported costs for storage and maintenance of Christmas trees and wreaths; some funding for 2026 has been secured but additional funding needs and long-term plans remain unresolved. There was no motion or vote recorded for decorations funding in these minutes.
The meeting adjourned at 1:14 p.m. after a motion by Howard Krasne and a second by J.J. Bixby, recorded 6–0. The board scheduled its next meeting for May 19, 2026, at the Fremont Art Association.
