Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Waste Management topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Brooklyn Heights Service Director says Kimble agreed to two‑year contract option; village to study dumpsters for resident cleanouts
Summary
Service Director Joe Blados told the Streets Committee that Kimble agreed to a two‑year refuse contract option and that legislation was ready for a Council vote later that evening; Blados also said he will research costs of providing dumpsters to residents for large cleanouts.
Get email alerts on the Waste Management topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Service Director Joe Blados told the Village of Brooklyn Heights Streets Committee on May 5 that Kimble has agreed to a two‑year contract option for refuse services and that legislation authorizing the contract had been prepared for the full Council's vote later that evening.
Why it matters: A multiyear contract could shape trash collection terms and costs for residents and the village budget over the coming two years. Blados said he will pursue final terms and present the contract legislation to Council for formal consideration.
Blados framed the update as follow‑up from a prior meeting and said the two‑year option had been agreed with Kimble; the transcript records that legislation had been drafted for Council action. The committee did not take a vote on the contract at the Streets Committee meeting; the matter was noted for action at the subsequent Council session that night.
Also on the agenda, Blados raised the possibility of making dumpsters available to residents undertaking large‑scale cleanouts. He said he would research the associated costs and report back to Council. No cost estimates, service frequency, or funding sources for the dumpster option were provided during the discussion.
The meeting was presided over by Mayor Michael Procuk; committee members present included Presot, Lasky, Schuckert, Berzins and Hudson. Clerk/Treasurer Frank was recorded at roll call. The Streets Committee did not vote on either the contract or the dumpster proposal during this meeting; both items were left for further review and formal action at a later time.
